It’s the Christmas season! One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is to curl up with a Christmas-themed book, a steaming cup of tea, and a sweet treat. I can’t send you tea and cookies, but I can send you some great book suggestions. Throughout the month I’ll be featuring DOZENS of books. Load that Kindle! It’s going to be a long winter!
Today we have a pair of children’s books from Wendy Leighton-Porter. This selection comes from the lovely ladies at Lovin’ The Book’s Christmas Countdown. Don’t miss the giveaway at the end! I’ll be hosting this Christmas Countdown through December 23rd, followed by my Twelve Days of Christmas Book Blast starting December 26th through January 6th.
A second solo adventure awaits Max the time-travelling Tonkinese cat in this Christmas short story. Invited to accompany a well-known figure on a whirlwind trip into the past, he sets off on a mission to search for something very precious to his owners Jemima and Joe Lancelot – their missing parents. The hunt reveals tantalising clues to this mystery and ends with a special surprise for the twins.
~ Universal Amazon Link – Book 2 ~
Max the talking Tonkinese cat has a third solo adventure in this seasonal short story. What happens when the feline hero is trapped in the attic one night? Will he escape the clutches of the Christmas fairy, a regiment of soldiers and three obstreperous French hens in time to enjoy a holiday with his family?One thing’s for sure, the Twelve Days of Christmas will never seem quite the same again.
~ Universal Amazon Link – Book 3 ~
MAX’S ADVENTURES are spin-offs from Leighton-Porter’s SHADOWS FROM THE PAST books.
About the Author
Dividing my time between homes in South-West France and Abu Dhabi, I live with my husband and our beautiful Tonkinese cat. I spent 20 years as a teacher of French, Latin, and Classical studies, before a change of career led me to writing books for children instead.
Shadows from the Past is series of time-travel adventures, featuring 3 children and a rather special Tonkinese cat by the name of Max. I’m currently working on the tenth book in the series, “The Shadow of the Witchfinder.” Max also has a few solo adventures of his own to accompany the series. As I take my young readers on a magical mystery tour through the past, I’m hoping that my love of history, myth and legend will rub off on them too.
Connect with Wendy Leighton-Porter
~ Website ~
Author’s Top Ten List:
- Tonkinese cats. I’m know I’m biased, but these are the best cats ever. Beautiful to look at, with jewel-like eyes of aquamarine, it is their personality that really marks them out – super-intelligent, loving, sociable and talkative, they truly become part of the family.
- History and archaeology. I love exploring ancient ruins.
- Family history research. I’m a genealogical addict and have traced my family tree back to the 16th century and beyond.
- Being by the sea. I think it must come from being born under the astrological sign of the crab!
- Licorice ice cream. That’s a combination of two favourite things, a lucky bonus!
- Books and reading … of course, that really goes without saying. I often have two books on the go at the same time.
- Taking part in team quizzes. (I have a bit of a competitive streak)
- Early summertime when the weather is warm, but everything is still fresh and green.
- The Cotswolds (the beautiful area I grew up in)
- Shoes. My husband tells people he thinks he must have married a millipede when he sees the all shoe boxes stacked up in the wardrobe!
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Part 1 Official Event page and Part 2 Official Event page
Many thanks for featuring me and Max today. I hope that everyone will enjoy reading his festive adventures as much as I enjoyed writing them!
You are so welcome. I love meeting and supporting new authors.